Emergency Assistance Fund
WVNHF's Financial Assistance Program (FAP) is part of our continuing effort to improve quality of life of individuals and families affected by bleeding disorders.
WVNHF provides financial support, based on availability of funding, to help pay for:
- Expenses incurred in the care or treatment of a bleeding disorder.
- Health Insurance Premiums
- Transportation services to HTC's
- Basic Living expense emergencies (food, rent, mortgage, utilities, etc)
Prospective Applicants will need to meet the following criteria:
- Be a resident West Virginia and/or receive treatment from the local Hemophilia Treatment Center (HTC). Residents outside of West Virginia will not be eligible and should contact their local chapter for assistance.
- Be a parent or caregiver of a minor child who lives in your home and who has a diagnosis of a bleeding disorder OR be an individual diagnosed with a bleeding disorder.
- Complete the Financial Assistance Application and meet the financial need requirements of the Financial Assistance Program policy.
WVNHF recommends requesting assistance from at least two (2) other agencies before applying to WVNHF for funding. Please provide any relevant contact information for those agencies and the status of your request.
Financial assistance depends on the availability of funds and applicant eligibility. Funding is not guaranteed. Assistance is limited to one grant per calendar year per family with a maximum of $500 being available for financial assistance.
WVNHF is committed to providing its members and their families with superior educational and social events throughout the state of West Virginia. To further this mission, WVNHF is dedicated to providing travel assistance for its members who are in economic need, so that they can attend these events. Travel assistance, per this policy, is a pre-paid credit card which must be utilized to purchase gas to travel to and from event. Travel assistance for WVNHF events will be limited to $300 per calendar year.
WVNHF will also provide financial assistance to those who need aid traveling to and from their physician and other healthcare appointments. The Morgantown and Charleston HTC’s, typically the HTC nurses. social workers, and/or physicians, will make the determination of who is in need and who receives travel assistance for healthcare appointments.
Unless an unusual circumstance arises, travel assistance will be provided in a consistent manner which is outlined below:
- Driving 50-150 miles $25 gas card
- 150-300 miles $50 gas card
- 300 miles and over $75 gas card
Requests can be denied due to lack of funds or budgetary constraints.